Life is full of decisions. Some are easy and others hard. No matter what the decision, they all have consequences. So how can you to make a decision that will have the best consequences for you?
Here are a few tips to help you work your way through the decision making process and stand in good stead:
- When you’re faced with an issue, take your time to respond
- Stay calm, even if it means taking some deep breaths to ground & realign yourself
- Don’t react to an issue. It’s helps to stop-pause & then respond. This way you’ve had time to regroup & consider all of the options & potential outcomes
- Don’t get emotionally attached to a situation. Try to stay impartial
- If you are emotionally charged, physically step back from the situation & give yourself some space to calm down
- Make sure you have all the information about an issue before you decide to tackle it
- Take your time to look at all the options & all the ways to resolve the issue
- When you’re considering outcomes, try to stay in the present moment & don’t project yourself into a future scenario. The future is something none of us can predict
- Don’t choose an option because it’s the most logical conclusion. Check in first to see if that option resonates with you, and last but not least
- Stand firm in your resolve. When you eventually take action be prepared to move forward & don’t look back.
At the end of the day, the decisions you make ultimately determine your life. So it pays to take your time to consider as much about a situation as you can, before you arrive at a decision. That way you can feel comfortable and confident that you’ll arrive at the best outcome for you.
“Life is the sum of all your choices” – Albert Camus.