There’s a lot to be said about being optimistic. Have you ever heard of the saying the “Power of positive thought?”. The saying refers to the personal power that’s generated from positive thinking. This power has the potential to bring in new opportunities, create more happiness and a better way of life. Positive thinking doesn’t happen by itself. It takes focus, time and practice to create a more positive approach to life (optimism).
Optimism is more then just looking positively at life or hoping for the best. Optimism is a combination of personal strength, an outlook on life and a positive mindset. It allows us to reframe negative thoughts, cope better with the tough times, bounce back more quickly from major setbacks and create limitless opportunities for ourselves. Optimism is by far, one of the most successful approaches to creating a better future and a happier life.
Winston Churchill once said, “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty”.
There are quite a few benefits associated with having an optimistic approach such as you:
- deal more confidently with issues
- cope better with stressful situations
- have less negative thoughts
- don’t focus on negative outcomes
- are able to reframe issues to get the possible results
- focus on solutions rather then the issues
- recover more quickly from disappointment
- generally have better relationships with yourself & others
- live a healthier & happier life.
The great thing about optimism, is that it’s possible to cultivate a more positive perspective on life. Here’s a few ways you can do that:
- refuse to allow negative thoughts & beliefs to pervade your thinking
- practice gratitude regularly
- be of regular service to yourself & others
- be aware of your self talk & always try to use positive language.
When you have an optimistic approach to life, you’ll find that your life not only gets easier, but it changes for the better. You might even discover that there’s a lot more silver linings to those clouds then you could have ever imagined.
“Life inflicts the same setbacks and tragedies on the optimist as on the pessimist, but the optimist weathers them better”- Martin Seligman.