These days we’re placing more attention on the things that ensure our daily survival – our safety, our health, precautionary measures for our new existence, self isolation & social distancing.
And that’s totally understandable given everything that’s unfolding lately.
However, these commitments are mounting up on top of our usual responsibilities – home, family, relationships, work etc. That seems like an awful lot of responsibility to be saddled with, don’t you think?
Now more than ever, it’s easy to get lost in our daily routines & be distracted by all of our external priorities. Unfortunately, this state of being shifts our focus away from us and onto competing priorities in the outside world.
In truth, we’re moving even further away from our real selves & becoming someone other then who we really are.
If this way of life continues, there will be a lot of women experiencing an even bigger disconnect from self in the not so distant future.
What is self?
According to psychotherapist Rachel Eddins, M.Ed., LPC-S core self is
your true self, or most authentic self. It is our inner wisdom, inner nurturer, wise self, feeling self, inner voice… It is your values and your personality.
What is connection with self?
It’s the bedrock of connection. It’s the foundation from which we form our connections with every other thing in life.
What does it mean to be connected with self?
Dr Kristine Klussman PhD refers to self connection as,
A state of being…one where you regularly tune in to your emotional, spiritual, and physical needs, and honour them in your daily actions. It’s simply – a heightened state of being.
There’s lots of benefits associated with having a stronger self connection, you get better at:
- making yourself a priority
- pursuing the things that matter the most to you
- engaging in activities that create personal meaning
- using your intuition to inform your decisions
- interacting more authentically with yourself & others
- looking after your physical health & emotional, mental & spiritual wellbeing
- expressing your feelings in an open & honest way
- cultivating your curiosity & imagination
- being intentional & living with purpose
- living in the moment
- learning to be with all that is.
Those are some really great benefits wouldn’t you agree?
Maybe it’s time for you to consider reconnecting with yourself?
If you want to know more about how to do this, have a look at what we have to offer you by scrolling down.
The FEEL Collaborative offering to you.
The FEEL Collaborative is offering you the opportunity participate in the Self Connection – plugin & unleash your potential digital online series. To help you explore more about the real you & discover some ways to get better connected with yourself.
This digital series consists of two online workshops to help you, shift your focus back to you, undergo some personal exploration, learn some different ways to reconnect with your real self & create opportunities for personal change.
The practice of Self-connection is a combination of insights, concepts, and skills that help the individual access their resources of awareness, wisdom, choice, and trust to transform their experience Beaches Therapy Group.
What do you get out of this series?
By participating in this series you will:
- gain a better understanding of how you operate in regards to some of your thoughts, values, attitudes & behaviours
- learn more about the real you versus the external you
- immerse in activities that help you reconnect with your emotional, physical & spiritual bodies
- learn some mindfulness techniques and practices to help you grow your self awareness
- learn how to create opportunities for change
- share your personal stories and experiences whilst being in a nurturing & supportive environment
- engage in some heart-warming, conscious conversation & shared experiences with others, &
- have fun.
There are two online workshops in this series.
The online workshops will commence on Sunday November 22 & finish on Sunday November 29, 2020.
Each online workshop will run for two hours between 2:30pm- 4:30pm (AEST) via zoom.
The cost of the self connection- plugin & unleash your potential digital series is $90 for both online workshops.
Online registration for the workshops closes on Monday November 16, 2020.
The workshop will be run by Nadiene the Founder of the FEEL Collaborative.
Links for zoom meetings will be forwarded to you via email three days before each workshop commences.
I hope you can make it. We would love to have you join us for this special journey home.
Because true belonging only happens when we present our authentic, imperfect selves to the world, our sense of belonging can never be greater than our level of self-acceptance. I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do Brene Brown
- All events are non refundable